Shed on Olson Road Burns Down Monday Afternoon

Mar 29, 2017

Matthew Nash, Sequim Gazette            Wed Mar 29th, 2017

Category: CCFD 3
Posted by: equitslund

Clallam County Fire District 3 responded around 4 p.m. Monday, March 27, to a shed fire at 130 Olson Road near Taylor Cutoff Road.

The fire was contained about 20 feet from a home owned by Helga Johnson who said she lost many personal items in the fire, including family pictures.

Neighbors attempted to extinguish the fire before firefighters arrived on scene.

Johnson said the fire was especially traumatizing for her because she helped her mother out of a house fire last November while visiting her in Germany. Fire crews determined the house burned down due to faulty wiring, she said.

However, fire crews do not know the cause of the shed fire by press time.
No injuries were reported and the shed was insured.